How Long Does It Take to See Results – Zenwise How Long Does It Take to See Results – Zenwise

The Gut Health Trio Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Digestive Enzymes -- How Long Does It Take to See Results

If you’ve landed on this page, chances are pretty high that you understand the importance of gut health. Simple lifestyle choices like a healthy diet, stress management, and hydration make a huge difference. But let’s be honest; life is chaotic, and savvy supplementation may be in order.

Perhaps you’ve shored up a team of daily supplements and are now wondering, ‘When will I see results from these probiotic, prebiotic, and digestive enzyme supplements?’ It’s the million-dollar question, for sure!

We don’t have a crystal ball, but we can give you more insight on what to expect on your digestive health journey. Before we get to those answers, let’s review what the heck these supplements are and how they can help.



Probiotics are live bacteria or microorganisms found in certain fermented foods and can also be found in dietary supplements. These little “helpers” balance the gut microbiome, promote regularity, and improve digestive health. But gut health isn’t the only area where probiotics are beneficial. Probiotics have been found to be helpful for immune system support, stress levels, mood, sleep, and specific women’s health concerns. Click here for our article Probiotics 101: What You Really Need To Know, to learn more. 


Unlike probiotics, which are live bacteria, prebiotics are not living organisms. Instead, these are non-digestible food ingredients that support the ‘good bacteria’ already living in your gut. They may help to prime your digestive tract for the processes ahead that will allow bacteria in your large intestine to break down more nutrients so they can be absorbed while the waste can be excreted. Prebiotics can come from foods (i.e., bananas, asparagus, beans) or prebiotic supplements. At Zenwise, we pair probiotics with prebiotics in many of our formulas. It’s kind of the one-two punch for digestive health support.

Digestive Enzymes

Did you know that only 25% of the digestive enzymes needed come from the body? The other 75% comes from food. Furthermore, your body’s enzyme count may decline with each passing year. Insufficient enzymes may lead to digestive troubles. Equally troubling is that when enzymes decline, our bodies may not absorb the nutrients we need for optimal health. Due to this drop in natural enzyme production, adding digestive enzyme supplements may help your body compensate. Head to What You Need to Know About Digestive Enzymes for all the details.


When Will You Feel The Results Of These Supplements?

Again, we can’t give you a hard-and-fast answer. It’s not an overnight fix, but there are ways to maximize these digestive supplements' efficiency.

  1. Choose high-quality supplements: Not all supplements are created equal. Look for probiotics with multiple strains of bacteria and a high CFU (colony-forming units) count. For prebiotics, opt for supplements that contain a variety of fibers like inulin, oligosaccharides, and fructooligosaccharides (FOS). When it comes to digestive enzymes, select a supplement that includes a broad spectrum of enzymes to support the digestion of various foods. Still scratching your head? Read Essential Tips for Reading Gut Health Supplement Labels.
  2. Be consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to seeing results with digestive supplements. Take them daily, preferably with meals, to help maintain a healthy balance of gut bacteria and support optimal digestion.
  3. Pair with a healthy diet: Supplements are meant to complement a balanced diet, not replace it. Focus on eating plenty of fiber-rich fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains to support your gut health.
  4. Listen to your body: Pay attention to how you feel after taking your supplements. If you notice any adverse reactions or discomfort, consult a healthcare professional to adjust your regimen.
  5. Manage stress: Stress can wreak havoc on your gut microbiome, so incorporate stress-reducing practices like mindfulness, yoga, or deep breathing exercises into your daily routine.


At Zenwise, we pride ourselves on providing effective formulations that address multiple digestive health needs. We are the only top 25 digestive health company to offer a supplement, Digestive Enzymes, that combines probiotics, prebiotics, and enzymes in one easy-to-swallow capsule.


For more commonsense info, head to our guide for finding the best gut health supplement.


Are you still full of questions regarding your gut health? Lucky for you, we are full of answers! Our Customer Service Team can’t wait to help! We’re available to answer your questions seven days a week at or M-F from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (800) 940-1972.

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published


No more products available for purchase