4 Reasons Why You Should Take Digestive Enzymes
If only eating a meal could be as easy as, well, eating a meal. But for those people struggling with occasional gas, bloating, constipation, or diarrhea, healthy digestion is anything but a “piece of cake.”
Now, it may be comforting to know you’re not alone as up to 70 million Americans are affected by occasional digestive woes, according to the NIH. It’s no wonder that digestive enzyme supplements have become the go-to solution for people searching for comfort when pesky issues strike.
For some people, the need for digestive enzymes may not be clearly evident. Maybe you don’t experience uncomfortable digestive troubles on a routine basis. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that your gut is healthy.
Chances are your gut instincts (pun intended) are telling you that managing gut health is more complex than you suspected. And your gut reaction is absolutely right!
YOU’RE LOSING ENZYMES AS YOU AGE
Did you know that only 25% of the digestive enzymes needed come from the body? The other 75% comes from food.[i] Furthermore, your body’s enzyme count may decline with each passing year.[ii]
That’s right, as we age, our bodies may produce fewer of the enzymes necessary to properly break down food.
Insufficient enzymes may lead to digestive troubles. Equally troubling, when enzymes decline, our bodies may not absorb the nutrients we need for optimal health.
Due to this drop of natural enzyme production, adding digestive enzyme supplements may help your body compensate.
YOUR PROBIOTICS AREN’T ENOUGH
Many health-conscious people already support their gut health with probiotics, which can be great for maintaining healthy gut flora. But, as effective as probiotics are, taking them alone is only half the battle.
Probiotics are best paired with digestive enzymes and here’s why.
With this dynamic duo, you’ll not only reap the potential gut health benefits of probiotics, but also the power of enzymes that will help break down food, absorb nutrition for energy, and reduce digestive issues.
It’s a match made in heaven!
COMMON FOODS ARE TOUGH TO DIGEST
You would be amazed at how even the most common foods can leave our digestive systems on the fritz. And beans and spicy faves aren’t the only dishes causing digestive mayhem.
Other culprits include what we call The Hard Five. This group includes meat, fried foods, dairy, raw vegetables, and alcoholic beverages.
Your body produces several different types of digestive enzymes and certain foods offer their own digestive enzyme support, too
However, when your body doesn’t make enough digestive enzymes to sufficiently break down food, you may be a prime target for stomach upset. And that’s when it’s time to consider adding a digestive enzyme supplement.
IT MAKES PLANT-BASED DIETS EASIER
What if many of the foods outlined above aren’t an issue for you because you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet? You may still not be out of the woods when it comes to digestion issues, especially if you’re just starting out.
For some people, plant-based diets can result in more gas, while also making it difficult to get the most nutrients out of your meals.
Again, digestive enzymes may help to provide relief, and in turn make optimum nutrient uptake easier.
As you can see, there are plenty of factors that play a role in digestive health. For effective digestive health support, Zenwise® Digestive Enzymes check all the boxes.
Zenwise® offers two plant-based products to add to your pre-meal routine. Digestive Enzymes capsules build with DE111® (Bacillus subtilis), a Reliably Alive™ probiotic. While Digestive Enzymes On-the-Go tins offer all the same benefits in convenient portable tins.
Wondering if Zenwise® Digestive Enzymes are right for you?
Leave a comment below. Or contact us at (800) 940-1972 or via email at Support@Zenwise.com. Our knowledgeable customer service agents are here to help!
My husband said that I should be a Rep. for Zenwise. I call it my miracle pill! I have started at least 10 people on the enzymes and they are telling other people about their results. Everyone has great results. Thank you so much for this product. It’s time for me to order again😊. Oh I was just telling my husband’s doctor about the enzymes I hope to make him a believer!
I currently take a probiotic and drink kambucha once a day….. would I still need to take them if i take your product?
Thank you for reaching out to us! I would encourage you to speak with your doctor regarding this question since they will know more about your medical history! (:
I would like to mention that all of our products are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, therefore if you were to ever not be completely satisfied with our products/results just let us know! We would be more than happy to send you a replacement product on us or provide you with a full refund.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!