Somewhere between that second slice of pumpkin pie and putting up our holiday lights, there is one thing we all seem to collectively dive into, and that’s the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Sure, you could get in a fist fight over a flat screen TV OR you could use those wide spread deals to stock up on the things you’re already using regularly and upgrade aspects of your daily live and wellness practices. And, since gut health, is forever the topic of conversation at Zenwise, we wondered what we should be seeking out to elevate our pursuit of being well.
To get an expert opinion we reached out to our partner, The Fairy Gutmother, and asked her what products she thinks are worth investing in no matter what… but sure are nice to get at a discount.
Keep reading for The Fairy Gutmother’s Black Friday Cyber Monday Shopping List and happy deal hunting…
Kitchen Must Haves
Foods that are as good to eat as they are for your body may start with high quality ingredients, but the next thing that can make or break a recipe is your cooking techniques. While we don’t believe you need all the bells and whistles to achieve something great in the kitchen, there are some things that just seem to make it easier to become your family’s very own Iron Chef. These are the products that Carley said can make cooking and meal prepping not only easier but more enjoyable.
- A High-Quality Knife Set: You would be amazed how much time and effort is wasted in the kitchen if you are cooking with dull and/or low-quality knives.
- Electric Vegetable Cutters: When you are prepping a lot of veggies for a recipe, these can save you so much time and energy.
- A High-Quality Food Processor: Once you have a high-quality food processor in your kitchen, you will wonder how you did without.
- A High-Quality Immersion Blender: From sauces and soups to smoothie bowls, an immersion blender is not necessarily a kitchen must have but will quickly become a cooking favorite.
- A Digital Meat Thermometer: Take the guess work out of those upcoming holiday roasts or that Sunday night steak with a digital meat thermometer.
- Meal Prep Specific Must Haves
- A Set of Silicon Backed Cutting Boards: These allow you to prep multiple things without constant clean up
- Silicone Food Storage Containers: Keep an eye for soup specific ones that allow you to freeze your bone broth when you batch cook
- High-Quality Glass Meal Prep Containers: While, yes, these containers are beautiful, we recommend glass containers because they do not have the toxins that some of the cheap plastic meal prep contains can contain.
A pursuit of being well is not limited to the foods you eat and supplements you take. In other words, big sales like Prime Day provide you an opportunity to elevate other aspects of your life that ultimately contribute to or hinder your pursuit of health and wellness. Some examples of facets of your lifestyle to consider when shopping deals are reinvigorating your fitness routine, easing the stress of upcoming travel, finally investing in that art set you’ve been eyeing, or can be as simple as purchasing a journal you’d look forward to writing in.
- Pill Organizers: Just like you prep your meals for the week, having your supplements and medicines organized can help you stay on track.
- My favorite Zenwise Supplements: If you’re here, you had to know that we couldn’t leave out the fact that Prime Days are the perfect time to stock up on your favorite gut health supplements. The holidays are just around the corner, get your gut on track now so you can feast without any fuss.
- A High-Quality Yoga Mat & Accessories: Whether you are an avid yogi, like to start your day with some breathwork, or want to keep yourself limber, a high-quality yoga mat makes it more comfortable to do all those things. And accessories like blocks, bands, and towels can take your practice further.
Pet Care Must Haves
Not only are our pets family, they also contribute to our health and wellbeing in countless ways, like helping with our stress management and keeping us on a routine. When you’re searching for ways to treat yourself, don’t forget your furry (or not so furry) friends.
- Healthy Pet Treats: High-quality dog food and treats can be pricey for a reason. Seek out deals on your favorites this Prime Day.
- Pet Supplements: Why not take advantage of deals to stock up on the supplements that your pet needs to stay at the top of their game for years to come?
- Pet Care Basics: From a new dog bed to that hot new food puzzle, keep an eye out for products that your companion will thank you for.
If you’re more excited than ever about elevating your lifestyle and don’t want to miss a deal on your favorite gut health supplements, or a chance to learn more ways to pursue better gut health, now is the time to sign up for our emails. By signing up, you’ll be the first to know when new content and deals go live!
Carley is a Certified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) and Certified Gut & Psychology Syndrome (GAPS) Practitioner (CGP) as well as a 200-hour Registered Yoga Instructor (RYT). Her health and nutrition journey began when she was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. After struggling with the negative effects of the disease and long-term antibiotic use, she sought out more answers to reclaim her health. A firm believer in the words of Hippocrates that ‘All disease begins in the gut,’ Carley is on a mission to share her story and help others become proactive about their health.